Saturday, October 13, 2007

What Makes A Story Great To Me




Things that make a story interesting, exciting, and fun to read:
  1. Interesting and fun characters like boys that are active.
  2. Adventure.
  3. Fantasy.
  4. Scary verses.
  5. Surprises but not jack-in-the-boxes.
  6. Happy endings.
  7. No mystery because you like to know everything.
  8. A lot of description so that you feel that you are there.
  9. Adventurous characters who don't waste time talking when they can just do it.
  10. I don't care for jokes.
  11. I don't like a lot of time wasting dialogue.
  12. I like illustrations.
  13. I don't like fairy tale fantasy.
  14. I don't care if the characters learn a lesson.
  15. I like outdoor scenes.
  16. Strange animals.
  17. Siblings.
  18. No love interest or drama.
  19. Scary, monster, bomb kind of action.
  20. Discovering new places and getting into trouble there.

Click here to learn more about the NanoWrimo Young Writer's Program.

No comments: